Joining: Anyone is free to join!
*This is NOT an elitist group, but we have a standard designed to encourage members to put effort into their works, and submit only their better works.
The animals you are drawing should resemble the animal, with care taken to use correct anatomy.
Please submit into the right folder! Submissions to the wrong folder will be denied, and you will be asked to re-submit (if your piece is acceptable).
If you are confused as to which folder your piece fits into, ask! (:
Please do not submit:
- Unfinished works
- Un-cropped works (meaning you can see part of the scanner, sketchbook rings, or there is tons of white space around the subject) This also applies to photographs in that the animal should be the main focus, easy to see, and unless for compositional purposes, the animal should take up the majority of the picture for easier viewing.
- 5 minute doodles
- Blurry photos
- Distracting cage bars or glass streaks in front of the animal
- Literature (sorry, we focus more on visual arts)
- Anything unrelated to animals
- Animals too unnaturally colored
- Ref sheets
- Fantasy Creatures
- Mature content
- Anything encouraging hate or cruelty towards animals.
Animals NOT Allowed:
Exceptions: Ethiopian Wolf/Maned Wolf (which is not a true wolf)
Exceptions: Tibetan Fox
Exceptions: Przewalski's Horse
- Deer (whitetail)
- Domestic Cats & Dogs
- Bottlenose Dolphins
- Bald Eagles
- Red Pandas
- Emperor Penguins
- African Leopards
- Snow Leopards
- List of unallowed extinct animals in the folder description
- Sculpture/Other Artisan Crafts
~ Respect and be polite to fellow members
~ Don't hate, Appreciate! This is NOT a group designed to encourage hate or flaming of the 'popular' animals, nor those who choose to draw them!
~ Harassment will not be tolerated. If you are being harassed by another member, note the group, and we will review the situation. The other person will be given a warning, and if they continue the behavior, they will be banned from the group.
If you have any further questions or concerns on what is, and what is not allowed, please note the group, and we will try our best to clear things up. The animals listed above that are not allowed are mainly those that are seen around dA all the time, so if there is an animal that falls under the category of 'wolf' or 'fox' or any of the others, it may be subject to exemption from the rule if it is not commonly seen or heard of.
If you have any suggestions, please contact us as well, we'd love to hear what you have to say!
INTERNATIONAL DAYS AND CAUSES
None at this time
is having a Sea Animals Portraits Competition
Check it out here: animalsoftheworld.deviantart.c…
The contest accepts both photography and artwork (traditional and digital), and all animals that live in the sea.